1. What is sports and orthopedics physiotherapy? We are university trained members of the health care team and with our in-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology we have specialized hands on clinical skills for assessment, diagnoses and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries.
2. How many sessions of treatment do I need?
Depending on the injury with respect to severity, acuity, and individual progress this question cannot be answered with a specific number. On your first session a thorough examination will be done to determine the nature of the injury. This will allow the therapist to give you an estimate on how long it will take to rehabilitate your injury.
3. Does physiotherapy really work?
Individual progress is variable with treatment but the majority of patients respond well to physiotherapy. Constant reassessment and re-evaluation is done by the physical therapist to determine the most appropriate course of treatment. Physiotherapy is a joint effort between patients and their therapist. At Thrive Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic, our therapists are here to treat musculo-skeletal injuries, but are also here to provide you with the tools to help you be an active participant in your rehabilitation.
4. Do I need a referral for physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are primary health care practitioners and no referral is needed for physiotherapy treatment in British Columbia. However individual insurance companies may require a physician’s referral for reimbursement. Please check with your insurance company (Sun life, Manual life, Green shield, Pacific Blue Cross, etc) to see what their requirements are.
5. Do I need to bring anything for my treatment?
• Doctor’s referral if you have one
• Care card number
• ICBC: claim number, doctor’s referral, and contact information for your adjuster
• Attire: Please bring a pair of shorts with you if you have a lower back or lower extremity injury. For females bring a tank top with you for any spinal or shoulder injuries. If you forget, don’t worry, we have some for you to change into.
6. Third Party Payment Questions-Is Thrive able to direct bill my insurance company?
Thrive is able to direct bill most major insurance companies. Currently, these are the companies we can direct bill: Blue Cross, Chamber of Commerce, Great West Life, Manulife, Greenshield, Sun Life Financial, Standard Life, Maximum Benefit, Johnston Group, Johnson Inc, Industrial Alliance, and Cowan Insurance. Depending on how much coverage your benefits offer, either all, or a portion of your treatment can be billed to the insurer and you would pay for the remainder of the treatment fee.
7. How do I reschedule or cancel an appointment I made using the on-line booking system?
We do require 24 hour advance notice should you wish to cancel or change your appointment. However,once you have booked your appointment, the confirmation email you received is your link back in order to either reschedule or cancel your appointment. Just open up the confirmation email you received and you will see a link to click on for either rescheduling or cancelling your appointment. If you no longer have the confirmation email, email us or call us and leave a message.
Steve or Leanne: (778) 475-5910
Email:(please include your email address in the body of the email using the “Contact Us” button below.)